Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Charcters at the Halfway Point

Now that I'm halfway through the book, I feel qualified to state my opinions of the characters. As a whole, they seem to me to be a pretty decent bunch who look out for their own. Family is important to them, more important than going to California even. They're a really close group.

Tom is probably my favorite character so far. Even though he's a criminal, and he's about to break his parole, he's an all-around good guy. He's as smart as most people could get with his circumstances, he doesn't brag, and he helps his family without being asked. It seems like he doesn't get offended easily, and he's pretty laid back.

Noah and Al. There's not really much to say about Noah. He sounds alright to me. Al is okay. I think it's funny how much he wants to be like his older brother Tom. He's basically your average teenage boy, though he does get really serious when he's driving the truck.

Ma and Pa would be good parents to have. They're the center of the family and they do a good job of holding so the rest of the family doesn't fall apart.

I like Rose of Sharon and Connie too. They sound like they're really in love. Rose of Sharon's obsessiveness over the baby is kind of annoying, but at least it means she will be a good mother. Connie, even though he's young and doesn't know much about parenting, will be a good father. He sounds like the kind of guy who will help Rose of Sharon out and be there for his small family.

Ruthie and Winfield are just annoying. I know all little kids are supposed to be like them, but I find all little kids annoying, so they are too.

Granma and Grampa are a good match for each other. I don't know what Granma plans to do know that Grampa is dead, but she's strong enough to get through it and move on with her life.

I don't really know about Casy. He talks a lot, but he raises some good points when he does. He is also honest with others and with himself. He knows he's done some wrong things and he goes around trying to help others as a way to make up for it.

Uncle John just needs to get over himself. His wife died, but he needs to know it wasn't really his fault and move on with his life.

That pretty much covers it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment