Monday, January 3, 2011

Journal #27: Persistence

When I think of persistence, the first thing (and really, it's the only thing related to persistence that interests me in the slightest) that comes to my mind is when Kid Flash tried (very persistently) to convince the villain Jinx to renounce her evil ways and become a heroine. She eventually did, so apparently his persistence paid off. That was my favorite episode of the Teen Titans cartoon, and I find it really disappointing that (to my limited knowledge) such a scenario never actually happened in the original comics.
Another example of persistence is me. Here I am, persistently trying to finish typing this entry, despite a plethora of much more interesting (and in my unique ranking system- more important) distractions, such as the books in my room that are just waiting for me to read them. This is also due to the persistence of my mother, who has been on my case about getting all my homework done today. She seems to have failed to account for my persistent procrastination. And also my total apathy toward everything school-related lately. Seeing as that's not within today's topic, I'd best steer clear of that before all my efforts at staying on-topic crumble away like dust.
Fun fact: The book I'm reading while persistently trying to ignore/finish this journal just used the word persistent. Isn't that just awesome? What a coincidence. It seems that persistence itself is persistence.
Despite all my somewhat thinly-veiled negativity, I actually think persistence can be a pretty good thing. I was persistent about getting a job at the library this summer, and it worked because I got the job. Persistence can also be really annoying, though. Such as when someone keeps asking you for something that you don't want to give them, like answers on the newest homework assignment or to hang out with them on Saturday or anything else like that. Like almost everything else, there are two sides to persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment