Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal #29: CD Album

My favorite album right now that apparently I'm supposed to be convincing everyone to buy is "Ghost Town" from the band Watchout! Theres Ghosts. That's kind of silly because I know for a fact that I don't have the same taste in music as many of my other classmates. I suppose they could buy this album if they wanted, but it would be a waste of their money. I like it, but I really can't say whether anyone else would. The reason that I enjoy this album is because I really like the main singers voice, the lyrics are easy to remember, and the songs are catchy. There is also enough diversity with the styles of the songs on this album so that I don't get bored because I tend to get bored with music very quickly if it is all the same. Also, I find the band name amusing in itself, though my spelling and grammar check freaks out whenever I type it. Other than the reasons that I stated earlier, people should just buy this album to avoid being losers. All the cool kids are listening to this album. Positive peer pressure at work. This album is not very well known, which is kind of sad but also a good thing at the same time. I wouldn't want it to be too well known because then the radio stations would play it all the time, and it would get really old really fast. On the other hand, I think it's good music and think that everyone should have a chance to listen to it so they don't miss out on something they might like. I know this is supposed to be argumentative writing, but I really don't think people would appreciate me telling them what they should listen to/buy and why. I know I wouldn't. But I definitely think that people should at least listen to this band on youtube if they don't feel like buying this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment