Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal #33: Illinois original

One thing that "started or is particular to this area" is me. Unlike some in our class, I was born in central Illinois and have lived here all my life. I'm not that exciting, but I would definitely rate myself higher than a horseshoe. I wouldn't say that I'm more exciting than Abraham Lincoln, but technically, he shouldn't even be considered for this post because he was born in Kentucky, not Illinois. We kind of stole him. Not to mention, everyone around here is already kind of sick of him, just because he's been forced upon us for so long. I think everyone around here gets kind of surprised whenever large numbers of tourists come to see the Lincoln sites, just because he's so commonplace around here anymore. Anyway, to all the potential cyberstalkers out there, I'm a product of central Illinois. This blog just totally narrowed down your search field, didn't it? Sometimes I wish I weren't from central Illinois, but both of my parents are from here originally as well, and they don't like change, so I really had no chance. Soon I'll be going to college, though. Hopefully it will be pretty far away. My parents also don't like to travel, so I've only been out of the Midwest once in my entire life, and that was four years ago, I think. One day I'll be famous like Abraham Lincoln, and he will have to share his spotlight in Illinois with me. I don't know what I will be famous for, but it will happen. I'll probably be a famous astronaut, in which case the citizens of Illinois will be disappointed that they didn't appreciate me while they had the chance. I also think that I am more interesting than all of the corrupt politicians that Illinois seems to be producing lately. I am certainly more morally upright. This journal seems a little egotistical, but really, it's Illinois: what else do I have to write about? Corn?

No comments:

Post a Comment