Sunday, January 16, 2011

Journal #31: Daydreams

Daydreams are constantly getting me out of "bad situations". Though that phrase is kind of ambiguous. I mean a bad situation could be anything from sitting in English class to being kidnapped and held hostage. It's all about the perspective. Or if you wanted to make it even worse, you kind be kidnapped and held hostage in your English class. Oh the horror. But, anyway, I daydream all the time. Whether they actually help me accomplish anything, though, is up for debate. I daydream about superheroes and spies and detectives most of the time. I star in them of course, playing the hero as often as the villain. I daydream about flying often. Sometimes I daydream about my future, like imagining myself as an astronaut or a stage manager on Broadway. During my daydreams, I also come up with ideas for stories that I want to write. They usually don't get written, but they all help pass the time. My daydreams are always pretty awesome/fantastic. They have to be to make me forget how painfully average my actual life is. No matter how awesome my daydreams are though, I never completely zone out, which drives some of my teachers crazy. They don't seem to realize that I can listen to them ramble on while still imagining that I am somewhere else. Maybe they are thinking that I don't care (which is true in some cases), but seriously, I can focus on two different things at once. It's always funny when a teacher calls on me to answer, knowing that I'm daydreaming and expecting me to not know what's going on, and I give them the right answer. Never ceases to irritate them. I love daydreaming. I guess it gets me out of tricky situations by giving me something else to think about. That could be part of the reason that I'm so laid-back most of the time. It's pretty hard to be stressed out when you're flying or a superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment