Thursday, December 2, 2010

Journal #26: Snow

This journal is all about snow. Snow, snow, snow, and more snow. Snow is pretty awesome I guess, but it's one of those double-edged sword kind of deals. I like it when it's pretty, but after a while it gets all slushy and black and gross. Freshly fallen snow is the best because it's smooth, even, and fluffy. I like to just go outside and roll in the new snow. Often times, my dog joins me because he's just a freak like that.
My favorite snow-related activities are making snow angels and snow forts, sledding, rolling around in the snow, and pelting my brother and his friends with snowballs. Snowmen are fun to make, too. I want to one day make a snowman like the ones in that Calvin and Hobbes comic where one gets hit by a car and the others are standing around looking shocked. I'm not sure I have the attention span for that though.
Another snow-related activity that I enjoy is drinking hot chocolate after playing outside in the snow. Hot chocolate is awesome by itself, but if you're cold when you drink it, then it's even better for some reason. It's all about the atmosphere.
Another thing about the atmosphere of snow is how I like curling up in bed with a good book and just spending the day reading. Sounds geeky, but it's one of my favorite things to do. Especially if I'm home alone because then the house is quiet and I have space to breath.
I also like how snow looks when it's falling. I took some awesome pictures a few years ago during that snowstorm we had. They turned out really well, if I do say so myself. Snow always looks so pretty when it's just floating down to the earth. It even looks cool if there's a blizzard or something because it's like the snow just hides all the imperfections in the world underneath its sparkling perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment