Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Journal #25: Masks

Everyone wears a mask at some point, whether it is actually a physical mask, or a metaphorical one. It's not really a big deal, unless you're a killer or something that wears a mask to keep people from finding out that you are, in fact, killing people.
As far as literal masks, I've worn a lot of those. What can I say, I love to dress up and wear costumes. I think it would be awesome to go to a masquerade ball where everyone is in a mask. Especially those Venetian masks because I think those re really awesome and beautiful. I got a blue bird mask for my birthday once, but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. That kind of makes me sad.
As far as metaphorical masks go, I've worn my fair share of those. Maybe more. I already wrote an essay on this last year, and I really don't want anyone else to know about my metaphorical masks, since this is a public blog. I don't think I want a bunch of people in Canada or Russia or somewhere else reading about my psychological problems that require the use of a metaphorical masks. For some reason my blog is really popular in those places...
I also wear a mask because I'm secretly a superhero and the occasional super villain. Obviously, superheroes/villains wear masks- it's an occupational hazard if they don't. Except for Clark Kent/Superman. Apparently the people in his town all lack eyesight and basic reasoning skills. Fortunately, I'm not as naive as Clark, and no one knows my secret identity. It would really suck if they did.
Another time that I wear a mask is on Halloween and at masquerade parties. When I dress up as someone else, a mask is necessary in order to look more like the character I'm trying to portray. Otherwise, people look at you like you're stupid. Especially if it isn't actually Halloween...

No comments:

Post a Comment