Thursday, November 18, 2010

Journal #24: Mind Tricks

I don't really have many instances where my mind plays tricks on me and creeps me out. That just doesn't happen very often. Really the only time that I get freaked out over nothing is right after I watch a scary movie with my friends. If I have to drive home alone, then it's even worse.
The only time I can really remember something specific that was my mind playing tricks on me was at my birthday party one year. I think I was turning eight, or somewhere in that area, I can't really remember. Anyway, I was having a sleepover, and one of my friends there somehow managed to convince the rest of us that there was a stalker outside. Her paranoia made us paranoid and was helped along by a number of coincidences such as my brother coming home really late and entering the house in a really sneaky way. Since I live in the middle of a forest, there are always many strange noises outside at night. Naturally, we heard them, and they only served to freak us out more. It probably helped that we were eight and half of the girls had never been to my house before. Then there was the creepy shadow at one of my windows. You'd think that we would notice that it wasn't moving, but none of us wanted to get close enough to actually look outside the window and confirm that it was only a tree. I checked in the morning after everyone left, and it actually was only a human-shaped tree. The funniest part was that one of my friends had already fallen asleep, so when we all freaked out and locked ourselves in my room, we just left her down at the other end of the house.
We were all really freaked out at the time, but now we just look back and laugh at how stupid we were.
Recently, there have been no instances where my mind has played tricks on me. I like to think I'm smarter than that.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Amy, I like how you left one of the girls because she was already asleep. Fun times when little girls have sleepovers. I like how you are smarter than your own mind in a way because it doesn't trick you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy,
    I remember that sleepover! Bahaha, that was really funny, I think we left Joy out in your living room when we all went to you bedroom - I think she woke up very confused. I hate that tree outside of your house, it seriously looks like a dude. Anyway, good blog entry - nice writing! I enjoyed reading your blog, mostly because I was there . . . good job:)
    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that sleepover too:) Joy was so mad that we left her out there. haha. I agree with Abby, I also enjoyed reading your blog because it reminded me that I was there. Then your blog reminded me of that one time that we were sitting on my bed playing Mario Party 4 and we just looked at each other and all of a sudden bumped shoulders and yelled YAY. We use to be so weird<3

    ReplyDelete