Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Journal #23: "Unplug" for one week

It would be extremely easy for me to disappear into the woods for a week. Especially at this point in time. I have a lot of things I need to think about now, but haven't had the time to consider lately. I would spend most of my time thinking about those things, recharging, and catching up on the many books I have to read. It is probably easier for me to go without technology for a week than many of my classmates because I spend a large portion of my time away from it already. I have many extracurriculars that keep me busy most days, and the time I have left, I usually spend reading. I don't have time to watch much TV anymore, and I mainly use the computer for homework.
A week in the woods would be awesome. I love camping, and think I'm pretty good at it, considering that I don't get to go very often. The only problem I can think of with the no technology thing is not having a cell phone. A cell phone would be really handy if I got in trouble and needed to call for help. Knowing me, that would be bound to happen.
To get away from society, I would just walk into my backyard. My house is surrounded by a small forest, so I would just go to the center of that and secret myself in a grove of trees or something.
As far as food and shelter and things like that, I would bring my family's tent with me. We don't go camping much anymore, so it's not like they would miss it. I would pack a lot of soup and crackers and granola bars and things that I could eat as they were or could cook over a fire.
I really don't think I would be able to put this impromptu "plan" into action though. My parents would prevent it from happening because they would worry.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pre-Calc Partner,
    I enjoyed this blog because I feel the same way as you as far as not having any time anymore! I would pack soup and granola bars, too :).
    Sincerely, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about not having the time to do a lot of these things like watching television and whatnot, as well as mainly using the computer for homework.

    ReplyDelete