Thursday, November 4, 2010

Journal #19: In America

The ideal America obviously does not exist. It took some serious imagining on my part to come up with all the ideas that show up in this blog. In my ideal America, we obviously wouldn't be in an economic recession. Enough people would have enough jobs to have a home and keep the homeless shelters from overflowing. Also in my ideal America, people would be healthier. It's kind of embarrassing that America is one of the fattest countries, so in my America, obesity wouldn't be nearly as common as it is in the actual America. The government of America would also be different if I had my way. It wouldn't just be a popularity contest between two rich middle-aged men. I kind of like the idea of the "self-made man" rising to power like we're learning in history. It just seems like a more fair way of electing a president. In my ideal America, people would also be a lot more understanding of differences. I know that sounds totally cliche, but it would make things so much better if people would stop being stupid and hating other people without good reason. I really don't get why people are so prejudiced against groups like blacks, gays, foreigners, and other such groups. As long as they're not hurting anyone, I really don't see what the problem is. That brings me to another part of my ideal America. It would be so much better if people would just stop being stupid and doing stupid things. I know that's impossible, but the journal topic is about my ideal America, emphasis on ideal.
I think that my ideal America is different from others' because I think a lot of people would make their ideal Americas perfect and without any kind of pain of suffering. The only problem with that is that it's boring. Also, I wouldn't want to see my ideal America put into practice only to have it fall to ruin within the first year.
I have lots of ideas about my ideal world, too, but that's a story for another journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment