Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Journal #20: Self-Reflection

It is important for me to break away from society and self-reflect often. If I don't get some time away from other people every so often, I get really depressed and angry. I need the time to recharge. People annoy me a lot, so breaking away from society is a good thing. Even if I can't literally break away from society, I have another place to retreat to. I always have a book with me, and use those to escape. When I read, I'm able to shut myself off completely from what is happening around me. I can become immersed in someone else's society for an hour or two.
I never really self-reflect. For one, I never really have time to take a good look at myself and the things that go on around me. Plus, I find self-reflection boring and often unnecessary. I want to forget the world, not ponder it.
To get away from society, I read like I mentioned above. I also ride my bike in the summer when it's hot outside. I live on a road with lots of hills, so it's a hard ride and really makes me focus on my bike instead of anything else around me. This doesn't really factor in the self-reflection part of this topic, but like I stated above, I really don't like to self-reflect. It's not that I'm afraid that I won't like what I see, I just know what I'll see-I don't change very often. I know myself, and I don't think I would need to look to see who I am very often.
As far as the part of self-reflection that involves thinking about the world and your place in it, I really don't do much of that either. If I do, it's mainly in the form of daydreams. I have a good imagination when it comes to my future. Other than the basics, I really don't think about those kinds of things at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment