Friday, September 10, 2010

Journal # 6: The Blame Game

There are several repercussions that could come about due to blaming others for things they didn't do. The least severe would be that nothing at all would come of it, where the most severe would be that one or more people die. In the case of the Crucible, the latter is what happens. It's pretty stupid to blame others for things they didn't do. They could come back later and blame something even worse on you. I'm pretty sure there's an Aesop's Fable about it, so you know this is serious stuff.

I'm assuming this topic is supposed to tie into the Crucible, because of the way Abigail is accusing others of things they didn't do. I have, however, gotten sick and tired of talking and writing about the Puritans and the Crucible. They're not a lot of fun, and this is supposed to be creative writing instead of me just complaining about how stupid everyone in this play is.

I'm really at a loss for something to write about this time around. Usually, I'm pretty good at just making up stuff that looks okay. Now, however, all I can think to do is another story about Jeremy the turtle and friends, but I've already used up a lot of words. Besides, he wasn't that good of a story anyway.

It really astounds me that the authority figures in Salem haven't figured out yet that they're all being played. I think they might actually know what's going on, but don't want to admit that they were wrong and sent innocent people to die. Either that or they're bored and wanted something interesting to focus on for a while. If the first, they're all a bunch of idiots. If the second, they're being incomparably cruel. I'm partial to the first option.

Abigail is lying now, and obviously (by Puritan standards) going to Hell. I really don't see what see has to gain from continuing this charade. She's probably just gone crazy or power-hungry or some other such nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment