Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Journal # 15: Logic and Reason

Today's topic is to tell where I use logic and reason. First off, let me just say that logic and reason are skippitty-dippity. Seriously though, they're fantastic. More people should use logic and reasoning in their everyday lives. Something tells me that the world would run much more smoothly that way.
Anyway, I use logic and reason pretty much all day every day. A person kind of has to when they go to school and take as many advanced classes as I and a lot of my classmates do.
I remember in elementary school, there were classes called Discovery and Enrichment. Our teachers for both of those classes was Mrs. Henderson. She was awesome, but that's not necessarily important in this blog. Enrichment was just a fun little class that everyone went to sometime during the week. Discovery was the class for the gifted kids that was held once a week or something. Anyway, the point of this little side note is that both classes were focused on logic and deductive reasoning. And they were both totally awesome. Mrs. Henderson used to give us these logic puzzles that no one could figure out, but everyone thought they were fun. I kind of miss that class. Same with Discovery. One time in Discovery, Mrs. Henderson set up a fake crime scene for us to look at. I think the crime was a stolen lunch box or something like that. We got to play detective and find out who took the lunch box. That's probably where my semi-obsession with spies and detectives came from. If only Mrs. Henderson knew what she started that day.
Speaking of spies and detectives, I'm going to switch and talk about ninjas to eat up my remaining word length. Ninjas are cool. They totally pwn pirates. No offense Mr. Langley: it's just a fact of life. I would totally be a ninja if there was actually a way to make that possible. Sadly, I have not discovered one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment