Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Journal #14: Declaration

This journal is a Declaration of Free Writing. I believe that students in an English class, especially an advanced English class, should be able to write about anything they want. It often happens that a topic presented for a journal entry is too constrictive or too vague to be of much use when giving students a topic to write about. Even if we just had free-writing journals ever once in a while, I think it could greatly improve the mindset and writing of the students involved. The teacher might even be surprised at what the students write about.

That's really all I have to say about that subject, so I'm making this also a Declaration of Short Presidents. We recently learned in A.P. U.S. History that part of the reason that George Washington was elected was because he was so much taller than everyone else. Sure he was a great leader and generally well liked, but people also thought he would make an awesome president because he was tall. This is my Declaration of Short Presidents where I speak out for the short men running for president. Like any normal person, I can see the appeal of tall people, but short people should be given a chance too. After all, the Constitution does say that all men were created equal and all that. I'm pretty sure they were really only saying that so it would make them look good (after all- apparently to them, slaves didn't count as men), but the government can still be held accountable for it, as they have been many times before. For that matter, this could also be a Declaration of Fat Presidents. President Taft is pretty much my hero*. He was the only president to get stuck in his bathtub. He is also the answer in any Scholastic bowl question concerning presidents that no one knows. Presidents are pretty much our weakness. Anyway, Taft was awesome and deserves a Declaration just for him.

*not really, I just made that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment