Monday, April 4, 2011

Job Shadowing Reflection

I had a great time at my job shadowing experience. I went to the Illinois State Library. This was a good experience for me because I had never even thought of being a research librarian before, let alone heard of the Illinois State Library before. I thought it was going to be really boring, but it was actually really interesting. I saw so much of the library that most people don't get to see. This job shadowing definitely made me consider being a research librarian. I knew I wanted to be a librarian, but this gave me more options. It was really helpful because I went around to all the different departments and got a broad view of what they do there every day. I also got good advice on possible colleges from the people who work there. They were all really nice, and I'm glad that I was able to on this job shadowing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment